Sunday 22 April 2012

Hate!

"Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated."

People often say that the word 'love' is thrown around very easily,everything we like is not everything we love.Love is a strong word and should not be used in every nook and corner of our life.But what about hate? From the moment we walk out of our houses in the morning, till the moment we enter back, we hear this word being thrown around maybe more often than 'love' , may it be a kid or an old lady, EVERYONE HATES
I remember, when I was a kid, my mother always told me "Hate is an extremely strong word, it can mess with people's emotions, everything we dislike is not everything we hate", and till date I follow her teachings, because I believe that, if I hate people who have never caused me any harm, if I hate people for silly or no reasons at all then I should expect others to hate me too, and I don't seek hatred, I prefer love. 
It is said "Treat people the way you want to be treated". We all want respect, we want to be loved, we want people to care for us. But how can we expect all this from someone if we ourselves don't provide them with it? How can I expect love from a person I hate? There are times in life when someone does something really bad to us, something that cannot be forgotten, something that hurt us real bad. This can lead to us hating the person, but that person deserves it, he deserves our hatred. But me hating someone because they looked at me in a weird way, or made a snobby comment on my shoes or just because I have heard things about them, is foolish, not just foolish, it's downright immature.
 A person who tends to hate a lot of people for nonsensical reasons, should stand in front of the mirror and introspect himself, maybe there is something wrong with him, maybe it is because of his flaws that to him the others look so bad, maybe if he made some changes in himself, he would like more people than hating them, the world will be a much better place for him. 
I agree it's way more fun finding the bad in people than the good and hating them for that.But who are we to judge someone or hate someone,we ourselves are filled with flaws. So instead, for once we should try overlooking ones flaws and should try liking them for the good in them. 
But this is the opinion of one person in a world consisting of billions. What is your opinion? Is hate a word one should throw around so often or no? 

No comments:

Post a Comment